9-18-2017 – Norco – September is Attendance Awareness Month!
Did you know?
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10% (or about 18 days) of school can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
On Thursday, September 14 four classrooms district wide with 100 percent attendance were selected at random to receive whole grain donuts. Donuts were provided by the CNUSD Child Nutrition Services Department which requires they meet all federal nutritional guidelines. The donuts are whole grain and are the same donuts served in the school breakfast program.
Friday, September 15 was our first 100% Attendance Day Challenge! Corona Fundamental Intermediate had the highest attendance with 98.5 percent!